...but it's still fun.
You see, I found this tag a while ago, on Story Girl, and it made me laugh. It's an old tag (from January 2012!) but I hope I can still do it. Here goes:
First, pick 12 literary characters before you look at the questions.
2.Lady Catherine De Bourgh
3.Mary Musgrove nee Elliot
4.Pippin (from LOTR)
8.Beatrice (from Much Ado About Nothing)
10.Lord Anthony Dewhurst
11.Marius Pontmercy (from the musical)
Now I answer the questions!
1. Who would make a better college professor, 6 (Edmund Bertram) or 11 (Marius Pontmercy)?
Er...Edmund, I think. They're both in love, but maybe Edmund would do less sighing over it. ;)
2. 12 (Philip Elton) sends 8 (Beatrice) out on a mission. What is it? Does it succeed?
To make Harriet feel thoroughly uncomfortable. And yes, it definitely succeeds. ;)
3.What is, or what would be, 9 (Elinor Dashwood)'s favorite book?
Elinor's favorite book? Probably a non-thrilling, comfortable classic like The Moffats. I really don't know...
4. Would it make more sense for 2 (Lady Catherine) to swear fealty to 6 (Edmund Bertram) or the other way around?
Need you ask? The other way around. ;)
5. Number 5 (Dorcas Lane) is looking for a roommate. Should s/he room with 9 (Elinor Dashwood) or 10 (Lord Tony)?
Ummm...I think that Dorcas would definitely get along better with Elinor.
6. 2 (Lady Catherine), 7 (Isabella Thorpe), and 12 (Philip Elton) are going out to dinner. Where are they going and what do they discuss?
WOW. Talk about an unpleasant trio. Well, Lady Catherine would choose some high-end restaurant and order everything and then talk about how tasteful she is in matters of food. Mr. Elton would agree with everything she said, and Isabella would prattle on about her new gowns and ask Lady Catherine for tips on how to manage men. ;)
7. 3 (Mary Musgrove) challenges 10 (Lord Tony) to a duel. Who wins?
Mary, the always sick one, challenge anyone to a duel? Talk about mind-bending.
Lord Tony is a sportsman and would NEVER fight a woman, so I guess Mary would win...
8. If 1 (Edmund Sparkler) stole 8 (Beatrice)'s most precious possession, how would s/he get it back?
If Sparkler stole...um, Hero, maybe?...I guess that Beatrice would make Benedick fight Sparkler for her...
9. Suggest a story title in which 7 (Isabella Thorpe) and 12 (Philip Elton) both get what they want.
How to Marry Someone Rich...or something to that effect. ;)
10. What kind of plot device would you have to use to get 1 (Edmund Sparkler) and 4 (Pippin) to work together?
Pippin would fall in love with a girl with no nonsense about her, and Sparkler would help him get her to fall in love with her...
Or maybe Mrs. Sparkler would command Sparkler to help Pippin. THAT would certainly work. ;)
11. If 7 (Isabella Thorpe) visited you for the weekend, how would it go?
Well, to be honest, I probably wouldn't see how shallow she really was, so having her over for the weekend might be sort of fun. :(
12. If you could command 3 (Mary Musgrove) to perform any service or task for you, what would it be?
Mary probably couldn't do much...so I'd just have her stop complaining. :D
13. If 2 (Lady Catherine) had to choose sides between 4 (Pippin) or 5 (Dorcas Lane), what side would s/he choose?
Probably Pippin because it would be more easy to manipulate him...
14. What might 10 (Lord Tony) shout while charging into battle?
For once an easy one! "For the Scarlet Pimpernel!", of course!
15. If you had to choose a song to best describe 3 (Mary Musgrove), what would it be?"A Hypochondriac Song." No explanation needed. ;)
16. 1 (Edmund Sparkler), 6 (Edmund Bertram), and 12 (Philip Elton) are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets it?Wait. Tell me again why those three are going out together?
But assuming they are for some strange reason...
Edmund Bertram is far too well-mannered and Elton is sort of polite, so Sparkler gets it, I guess.
17. What would 5 (Dorcas Lane) most likely be arrested for?
She's far too law-abiding...
18. What is 6 (Edmund Bertram)'s secret?
He always loved Fanny, but his father disapproved, so he pretended to love Mary Crawford.
19. If 11 (Marius) and 9 (Elinor) were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
Marius. Elinor is too proper and ladylike to run very fast, even if she could, which is doubtful. Also, you have to admit that Marius is pretty strong.
20. If you had to walk home through a bad neighborhood late at night, who would you be more comfortable walking with, 7 (Isabella Thorpe) or 8 (Beatrice)?
Isabella wouldn't be much protection, but she could probably scream very well. Beatrice, on the other hand...well, she might defeat any bad guys that came along, but she probably wouldn't spare me either. So, I'll go with Isabella.
21. 1 (Edmund Sparkler) and 9 (Elinor Dashwood), reluctantly team up to save the world from 4 (Pippin)'s sinister secret organization. 11 (Marius) volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that s/he is actually a spy for 4 (Pippin). Meanwhile, 4 (Pippin) has kidnapped 12 (Philip Elton) in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5 (Dorcas Lane), they seek out 3 (Mary Musgrove), who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fiction?
Sparkler and Elinor discover that Pippin has deposed Sauron and has formed the KNJ (King Nick Jonas) in an attempt to make Nick Jonas the king of Les Miserables. Marius, of course, has joined the KNJ Club, but he follows the wise example of Javert and pretends to join Sparkler (who thinks Elinor is a fine girl with no nonsense about her) and Elinor. With the help of Marius, Pippin has captured Philip Elton to try to charm Cosette into liking the Nick Jonas version. Following the wise advice of Dorcas Lane, the seek out Mary Musgrove, who directs them to Nick Jonas' agent. The agent is horrified at the idea of Nick Jonas taking over the world of Les Mis and goes with them to convince Nick Jonas that it's a bad idea.
What title would I give this fiction?
...Well, I'll steal an idea from the awesome blog Sink Me! (at tieyourowncravat.blogspot.com) and call it Nick Jonas is My Favorite Marius...Said No One, Ever.
Here's who I'm tagging:
V. Kathie Ardnek
Kendra E. Ardnek
...And anyone else who wants to do this tag! :)