Saturday, December 14, 2013

Hippo Birdie Two Ewe...or Something Like That

Today, I wish to talk about a particular person, who has a birthday this month and totally deserves a huge celebration.

Her name is Eowyn. (Well, of course that's not her real name, but I don't think she wants her real name broadcast to the world, so...)  She blogs over at Inklings Press, and she's a simply wonderful girl.
Eowyn and I "met" in early September when she emailed me about a fanfiction I'd offered on my blog.  It took awhile to get the fanfic sent in a format that she could read it in, so we got to know each other a little better while doing that.  We started to talk about writing, and I told her I'd read The Box (which, by the way, is amazing; if you haven't read it, you should), and she asked if I would like to read the first five chapters of her novel, and we went from there.

It's been so amazing, getting to know her over the past few months.  There's quite an age difference between us, but somehow, it doesn't seem to matter when we're emailing or talking.  She was there for me during NaNo with snippets from her own novel and quotes from Newsies when I had 7k words to make up.  Every email from her is full of fun, encouragement and fangirling.  We have nicknames and inside jokes and shared fandoms and our emails have this weird habit of getting longer and longer. ;)
She's taught me a lot about friendship.  I thought that to be best friends with someone, you had to be the same age, be of the same opinion about anything and everything, talk to each other every five minutes.  I learned that that is certainly not true.  We have differences of opinion and we don't live anywhere near each other (SADNESS), and yet, she's one of the closest friends I've ever had.  Our debates are full of hilarity.
She's amazingly enthusiastic about her fandoms, and her fangirling puts mine to shame.  She knows quite a bit about her fanships as well--FARAMIR, Les Mis, Phantom, Wicked...if she loves it, she does research, and the breadth of the knowledge she has of some of those things amazes me.

She knows a LOT about this guy, let me tell you. ;)

 I don't know how we manage it, but the huge projects we plan always come together with both of us working on them.  Like this party.  And this piece.  And we have two or three other projects in the early planning stages...
She's always cheerful, and she has a vast array of quotes that she uses in any and all situations (and makes me squeal with delight).  I love talking with her in any way, shape or form.
Also, she's just a lovely Christian girl.  We can talk about marriage, beauty, God, &c. and that's been really helpful for me sometimes.  I love to discuss things like Les Mis or Lord of the Rings from a Christian viewpoint.

Her writing is simply breathtaking; the snippets and chapters I've read from her books only make me more eager to read the rest.  Her characters just pop out at me and become real, and the descriptions can make me feel like I'm in the room, cheering the main character on. 

And now, I suppose there's only one thing left to say, which is HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY, EOWYN, AND THANK YOU FOR BEING MY LOVELY, WONDERFUL FRIEND!!!
Funny Birthday Ecard: I'd sing you 'Happy Birthday' if I didn't sing as well as Russell Crowe does.
This isn't quite true...but it was too good to pass up. ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww..... PRECIOUS GOLLUM!!!!! YOU ARE SO SWEEEEEET!!! Thank you SOOOOO much! You totally made my day. : )

Love and hugs!
-Skye-

Miss Jane Bennet said...

Aw, you're welcome. :) You totally deserve it!! I'm glad I was able to do this for you. :)

*hugs*
-Gollum

Miss Dashwood said...

Awwwww, this was so sweet! Eowyn (oops, just wrote her real name and had to delete it :P) is a real gem of a friend! You're a great writer, Jane, and you had a great topic for today! :D

And I adore that last picture. Ehehehehehehehe.

Natalie said...

Aw, that's so sweet! Happy Birthday, Eowyn!

Mònica said...

Happy Birthday, Eowyn!
I liked your post about Faramir from the LOTR blog party, it was really good! :)

Unknown said...

This is funny because, when I happened on your blog last week, I had similar feelings. Wow--this person has about 95% of the same taste . . . Yes, friendship comes in all ages and defies expectation. Both Austen and Tolkien would be comfortable with that conclusion as well. :)

Anonymous said...

Aww, thank you so much, you guys. : ) Totally made my MONTH!! : D

-Eowyn-