Tuesday, December 10, 2013

My Answers to the Tag!

Here are my answers to the tag. :)


  1. What was your first introduction to Lord of the Rings?
        My first introduction was...oh, first or second grade.  A few people were reading it, and I thought it sounded boring.  Then in fourth grade, I read them but wasn't too impressed, and then in fifth or sixth grade, I reread them and watched the movies and fell in love. ;) 

  2. Have you ever read the book?
        YEP.  I read anything Tolkien. ;)

  3. Which version of the movies do you prefer – the extended version or the theatrical release?
        Well, I've only seen the theatrical release, so no comment. ;P

  4. Who is your favorite character and why?
        FARAMIR.  Because he has an awesome cloak. ;)

    But seriously, he's just such an amazing guy.  He's scorned by his father, he doesn't really have a mother (at least, I don't think she's ever mentioned as interacting with her sons), and yet he grows up to be noble and a leader--even more so than Boromir.  And he loves, too...he loves his father, although he is slightly bitter from years of mistreatment, and he has affection and sympathy and pride and he loves his homeland and he's incredibly nice and has a sense of humor and...what are you yawning for? ;)



    ...What?  No, I'm not using this question as an excuse to overload you with Faramir pictures.  Why do you ask?

  5. Which of the other books concerning Middle-Earth have you read?
        The Silmarillion and The Hobbit.  I haven't had a chance to get the other ones yet. ;)

  6. If there was one thing about the movies you would change, what would it be?
        I would include Beregond.  Or more of Faramir and Eowyn.  Or just more of Faramir.  ARGH THIS IS TOO HARD. :D

  7. What is your favorite scene in either the books or the movies?
        Any scene with FARAMIR and Eowyn in it...well, probably the scene in the Houses of Healing where Faramir proposes.  *sigh*  It's gorgeous.

  8. How would you rate your addiction to Lord of the Rings – Aragorn being the lowest and Gollum/Smeagol being the highest?
        My precioussssss.  Eowyn calls me Gollum.  'Nuff said. ;)

  9. If you could be any Lord of the Rings character, who would it be?
     Eowyn.  All the way.  She's a shieldmaiden, a princess, she's absolutely gorgeous, she's noble, she has an AMAZING wardrobe, and Faramir falls in love with her! 

    And those are my answers!  Goodness, that was harder than I thought...;)

    -Miss Jane Bennet

    6 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    *cough* Our answers... are... identical.... : D

    HIGH FIVE!!!

    -Skye-

    serena said...

    Yay! I was wondering if you were going to answer them, too. :) Also, I'm beginning to think I don't appreciate Faramir enough... I'm considering re-reading the trilogy after Christmas (followed by/interspersed with the movies, of course).

    Miss Jane Bennet said...

    My dahling Skye,
    People are going to think we planned this. ;D But that's pretty awesome, I must say. :)
    -Gollum, who is still unwilling to commit suicide for LotR. ;P

    Serena,
    Nobody can ever appreciate Faramir enough...haha. ;) If you do "review" LotR, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on rereading/rewatching! :)

    Carissa (Regency Woman) said...

    Very nice answers. I'm amazed you've never seen the extended cuts! Although I will say there are a lot more orcs in that last movie than strictly necessary. Hmmm, maybe that's what I'd change instead. More of the good stuff, less orcs. I love the elves leaving Middle Earth seen in the extended Fellowship though. Gorgeous scene, all filmy clothes and ethereal light.

    serena said...

    Miss Jane Bennet, I will keep that in mind--I'll have to do something creative with it, though, since a simple book review would be nearly impossible! :)

    Miss Jane Bennet said...

    Carissa,
    To be honest, I'm a little amazed myself. ;) I really want to see it; some of the extended scenes sound GORGEOUS.
    Definitely; the younger members of my family are no longer allowed to watch LotR due to the excessive amount of violence and blood and the general disgustingness of orcs. I wish they hadn't been shown so much.

    Serena,
    Well, if you do something like that, please let me know! As I said before, I'd love to read it. :)