Friday, February 13, 2015

MEMM: Day 7

Day 07: Lines you quote most often in real life
  Hmm...I (and all my family) quote Tolkien a LOT, especially at the dinner table.  When I like to make a dramatic entrance, I say, "The dawn will take you all!"  When we're talking about cooking, "Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew..." always comes up, and everyone in my family likes to try to use a Gollum voice once in awhile and talk about our Preciousssses. :D

Apart from that...I use "But it is not this day!" a lot. For...pretty much everything.  I'm very good at procrastination. :P

5 comments:

Olivia said...

Haha, isn't quoting LotR the best?:D

Lizzy said...

Yes! I use 'but this is not that day...' on a daily basis. And the taters quote. I should really use "The dawn will take you all!" sometime. XD

Jack said...

It is always a good time to quote The Lord of the Rings!!

DKoren said...

HAHA! The dinner conversation totally cracked me up. That is awesome.

My family also can't ever mention potatoes, without someone chiming in "boil 'em, mash 'em..." etc.

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Yup, "but it is not this day!" is a great way to end any proclamation involving stuff you're not doing yet. I say it so much, that a lot of times when I tell my kids, "Someday, you'll like ____," they'll chime in, "But it is not this day!" :-D Someday, they'll be old enough for LOTR... but it is not this day.