Saturday, November 30, 2013

I Did It!!

Yesterday, at approximately 10:30 p.m., I, a first-time NaNo-er, wrote my 50,060th word, pressed "validate my novel", and...
won NaNoWriMo.

It's been an amazing journey.  I've fallen behind, I've gotten ahead, I've been in the depths of despair (and moaned about it to my friends; sorry, Eowyn ;)), I've soared on the heights of joy...okay, enough. ;P  But I've kept writing.  A few times I've stopped, and only written a hundred words or so, several times I was gone the whole day and unable to write, but I kept going and I'm really thrilled that I was able to do this.
It was a very last-minute decision; I signed up on the very last day possible, wrote out a hurried outline, and began to write.  A chapter each day.
It was hard, stressful, and tiring.  It was also exhilarating, enjoyable, and all-around amazing. 
And I'm definitely going to do it next year.




8 comments:

Beth P. said...

Congratulations on finishing!!! That is awesome. :D

Kirsten Fichter said...

Congrats on reaching 50K, Jane!! That's amazing!!! It's always fun to be able to boast of winning NaNo!

Natalie said...

Congratulations!!! That is amazing!

Mònica said...

Congratulations, how wonderful! :)

Anna said...

Congratulations!! By the way, today, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you have a fun day!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!! I KNEEEEW you could do it!! (And, haha, your moaning was about as bad as mine.)

-Eowyn-

Miss Jane Bennet said...

AnElvenPrincess,
Thank you! Do you write at all? :)

Kiri Liz,
Thanks! I've had a good time bragging so far. ;P

Natalie,
Thank you! :)

Xochitl,
Thanks! :)

Hannah,
Aw, thanks so much! :)

Eowyn,
Aw, thanks! And it's always nice to have a partner in misery when you're behind on NaNo. ;)

Thanks to everyone for your amazing, supportive comments! :)

Anna said...

Oh, Miss Jane Bennet, I meant to ask you if you would be willing to do an interview with me. I've been asking other bloggers too. After The blog party, I was going to let out a series of interviews with different bloggers. Would you be willing?