Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I Got Tagged!

Ivy Miranda over at Fire Is Catching tagged me, saving me the trouble of writing a post myself. :P
Here's the tag:

Rules

1. List favorite movies (in no particular order)
2. Post James Movie Tribute Video somewhere on your blog

3. Tag other blogs (optional)

Now here are my favorite movies!
(In no particular order)

1. Pride and Prejudice (1995)

 As most of you probably know, I love this movie.  It has every single little detail of the book in there, perfect casting, and most of the original dialogue.  Plus the "lake scene" is hilarious.  I don't know why, but when Lizzy looks out of the windows at Pemberley, I always expect Mr. Darcy to pop his head out of the lake. :D

2. Les Miserables (2012)

 You knew this would be on here, didn't you?  But seriously, I love this movie. (And a certain revolutionary with hair like a Shetland pony's has absolutely nothing to do with it.  Just sayin'.)
Admittedly some of the singing is not as good as, say, the 10th Anniversary Concert, but some of the acting is better.  And it's so real- I kept saying, "Oh, is that how they did it?"  It was closer to the brick too...but I digress.  On to the next.

3. Emma (2009)

 When I first saw the cover, I admit my expectations weren't too high.  For one thing, they misspelled "Knightley" on the back.  They spelled it "Knightly!"  The indignity!
But I was proved COMPLETELY wrong.  They kept in most of the details, the casting was perfect- especially the leads- and even though they changed the dialogue, they made up for it by (dare I say it?) adding new depths to some of the characters like Miss Bates.

4. Little Dorrit (2008)

 I haven't seen the whole of this movie yet, but I've seen enough to know that this is really good.  The music, the acting, the dialogue...they're all wonderful.  I wrote a review a while ago of LD (book), and I like the movie as well as the book.


5. The Scarlet Pimpernel (1982)
 This movie is just epic.  Anthony Andrews and Jane Seymour both did marvelous jobs, as did everyone else, and Gandalf…er, Ian McKellen was great as Chauvelin.  Plus, the costumes and sets are gorgeous and the dialogue is great.
Note: There are two questionable scenes in this one, both involving Armand, but they’re pretty easy to skip.

6.  Pride and Prejudice (2005)
 I don’t like this one as well as the ’95 version, but I still enjoy it quite a lot.  Keira Knightly looks a lot like the Lizzy of the book, and Matthew McFadyen, while not being perfect, presented an interesting Mr. Darcy who smiles more than once.  Okay, twice.

7. The Music Man
 This has been one of my favorites since I was about seven.  The music, acting, etc. are all good and very fun, and my family quotes it all the time. 

8. My Friend Flicka (1943)
I really like this movie.  It’s pretty faithful to the book (except they replaced the big brother with a little sister- what was up with that?), and the scenery is beautiful.  Good acting, good message, and great horses.
9.  The Man from Snowy River

 This is a really, really good movie.  The acting is great and it’s really inspiring and touching.  The end is bittersweet.  Jessica is kind of reckless and heedless sometimes, but all in all it’s a true classic.  Plus, the music is awesome and it’s set in Australia.

10. Treasures of the Snow

 I love the book and I love the movie.  It has some great scenery, wonderful acting, and a Christian message about forgiveness. 

 And I tag:

Alexandra

Bethany/Margaret Dashwood

Lucy Stewardson

Abilaine

Have a great afternoon, everybody!  A short review should be coming tomorrow.
-Miss Jane Bennet

6 comments:

Lucy said...

Thanks for tagging me! :) Hopefully I'll have time to do a post at some point this week (results day is tomorrow and so I'm mainly spending my time sat on the sofa trying to rock myself into being calm :L this might take my mind off it, aha) Also totally agree with you on Emma :') that dance scene, awwwwwh

Miss Jane Bennet said...

I totally identify with your nerves- it's scaaary. 'Awwww' is right...Emma and Mr. Knightley are just adorable together. I hope to see your favorite movies soon! :)
-Miss Jane Bennet

James the Reviewer said...

Thank you for participating in my Favorite Movie Tag, and for posting my video! Something I forgot to mention in the tag is that I am going to write a post in a few weeks linking to everyone's list.

-James

Miss Jane Bennet said...

You're welcome! I will definitely read the other tag answers- thanks for letting me know about that.
Thanks for commenting and following!

Unknown said...

Thanks for tagging me! Will post it ASAP!

~Abilaine

Miss Jane Bennet said...

You're welcome! I can't wait to read your post! :)